There are many benefits to working with the Alexandria SBDC. These are just a few of the most frequently-cited benefits that our clients have identified.
1. Objective Feedback and Advice – from small business experts focused on YOUR best interests
- Alexandria SBDC staff has nothing to sell or promote
- There is no membership involved; nothing that you have to join
- No rigid size restrictions
- Our goal is to give you accurate, timely and objective feedback
2. Save Time and Errors – clarifying confusion, solving problems, and answering questions
- Don’t waste time or risk costly errors by acting on issues you don’t understand
- Use SBDC much like a concierge service – contact us whenever you encounter questions or problems of any type, and we will work to point you in the right direction
- Some solutions might include linking you to other experts or organizations that are best equipped for your circumstances
3. Connections– to critical resources, to highly qualified professionals, and to business organizations or other businesses for networking, teaming or supplier relationships
- Alexandria SBDC staff members have many years of experience in small business issues
- Our staff is familiar with City of Alexandria processes, organizations and resources, and can help you make strategic connections
- We engage specialized consultants that offer additional levels of expertise and support
- Alexandria SBDC also helps businesses make connections to organizations and other businesses that might be helpful for networking or business development
- We provide resources that help our clients understand how to operate in the City of Alexandria
4. Financial Insights – SBDC experts can help you optimize your cash management and/or prepare stronger loan or line of credit applications
- Every business can benefit from examining their cash flow with the Alexandria SBDC Business Analyst. That analysis, like all Alexandria SBDC services, provides guidance and feedback without cost, and can improve your profitability.
- Our Business Analyst has many years of banking experience and can guide you on presenting your strongest case to loan officers. You should ALWAYS meet with the Alexandria SBDC Business Analyst BEFORE you approach a lender.
5. Free, Confidential and No Obligation
- We are here to help you! All Alexandria SBDC resources and services are free, confidential and without obligation.