The SBDC has a significant economic impact on small businesses in Alexandria. Some of these impacts include:
Results for FY 2021
- At Least $291 million in Annual Sales
- Minimum Total Jobs Created or Saved (jobs that would have been lost without the assistance of Alexandria SBDC): 485
- Capital formation facilitated by Alexandria SBDC: $13.8 million
- Loans facilitated by Alexandria SBDC in past 20 years: $90 million
- 70% of businesses assisted by Alexandria SBDC over the past 10 years are still in operation
- A higher percentage of businesses that were touched by the Alexandria SBDC are still in business after five years compared to national business longevity statistics.