Many small organizations are more fearful of employment and employee issues than they should be. Our services are designed to help you learn what you need to know to successfully hire, manage, and retain the staff you need.
We offer support in all areas of human resources, such as developing an effective culture to support your vision, hiring, performance management, training, pay and benefits, legal issues, and risk reduction. Whether your organization is in retail, government contracting, high-tech, non-profit, or service-based, we have expertise available to assist you.
We offer a wide range of services and resources for growing businesses and non-profits, including:
- Checklists and information which will help you understand the basic steps, the laws, and smart practices for success
- Alexandria SBDC Employer Checklist
- Regular free seminars and ‘brown bag’ lunch meetings on critical Human Resource topics
- The Small Employer Guide to Effective Hiring
- In-house counseling or referral to a network of HR specialists to address your specific issues
- Other HR Resources in the Resource Library