– how trademarks, patents, copyrights, domain names, and business names all differ.
– critical factors in selecting a trademark that will be federally registrable and legally protectable.
– clearance searches and whether to use an attorney, and impact of cease-and-desist letters.
– federal application process and the role of the USPTO.
– how to avoid “scams” perpetrated by companies not associated with the USPTO.
– what happens after registration and how to keep a registration alive.
Presented by Craig Morris, Managing Attorney for Trademark Educational Outreach, United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO)