Brown Bag Event
Why do many business professionals HATE to network? Why are others both eager and comfortable to do so? And how do you get into and progress in the second camp?
Once it’s understood what networking really is and the purpose that it fulfills, it becomes clear that networking actually serves as your “commercial,” an advertisement describing who you are and the services or products which you offer.
Unlike television commercials, your networking “commercial” is both live and produced with or without your purposeful effort to make it compelling . . . to create an interest in your product or service, rather than an aversion to it and you.
This interactive workshop can help you become more compelling, by explaining:
· What networking really is
· Your networking style’s pluses and overcoming the minuses
· How to define your personal “brand”
· Where you should be “advertising”
· Why you are at a networking event – what you’d like to achieve using goal-setting
· Your networking message – non-verbal and your elevator speech
· Effective methods to move on to the next networker
· What to do with all of those dang business cards!
Come hear Peter Baldwin of MarketForce Strategies share insights honed from his years of business, marketing and sales experience.
Join other small businesses at the monthly Brown-Bag lunch series of START, MANAGE, GROW your business sponsored by the Alexandria Small Business Development Center and the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership who are committed to helping small business thrive in Alexandria.
Free of charge, and held monthly in our boardroom. Business owners are invited to bring their lunch, network and learn nuggets of knowledge from experts. A Q & A session will follow each presentation and we’ll get you back to your business promptly!